Draft Rules: More than one Profession.Dragon Warriors (as an old system) isn’t designed to accommodate “multi-classing” as many more modern titles are. This is an experimental option that needs extensive testing.
Restrictions on adding a new Profession
- Your new Profession must always have less ranks than your starting Profession.
- Your new Profession must make sense! A Knight becoming a Barbarian does not. A Knight becoming a Priest does (and may be quite common).
- Your Characteristics must be three (3) higher than the normal minimum for your new Profession.
- You only gain ONE (1) special ability from the first Rank of your new Profession.
- You do not gain the starting Combat/Magical Combat Factors of your new profession. If you take Spell Casting as your new special ability, you do gain Magical Attack based on the new Profession. Armour restrictions on spellcasting still apply.
- For each additional Rank, you gain increase in Combat/Magic Combat Factors appropriate to the new rank in that Profession.
- When you gain a new special ability, you may choose from the normal options for the profession, or select another Rank 1 ability you do not yet have.